Hey there…it’s your captain speaking. I enjoy my role leading the topics in the Ladies Room. I LOVE the input from our in-studio guests and YOU even more. I’ve been married for almost 9 years. My husband, Nick, and I have been together for 17 years. Wow, I didn’t even realize it had been that long! We have a 5 year-old son. I have a hectic, yet very rewarding schedule trying to manage my work duties along with spending quality time with family and friends. No where did you see me mention anything about cleaning….I hate it; but, in the end, you have to do the laundry and the dishes. I get a lot of support from my hubby and our family – for that I am grateful! I love to cook and I do have a couple signature dishes. I love to travel…you name it, I’ll go! I wouldn’t consider my daily commute to/from Jersey travelling; but, I do spend a lot of time in my car! Above all else , watching the world through my little guy’s eyes is the most valuable treasure in the world.
I have lived in the Valley all my life. I think this is the reason I LOVE to travel! I am working my way around the world one country at a time! I recently spent some time as a Kiwi in New Zealand…absolute best experience of my life thus far! I get bored way to quick so I fill my time with Zumba (OBSESSED!), skiing, golf, wakeboarding, going to as many concerts as humanly possible! I like getting out to events around the Lehigh Valley like Wine Festivals, happy hours, dinner parties…any place that my friends and I can kick back with a couple of adult beverages and relax! I LOVE to cook and I think I am pretty good at it! I enjoy taking a recipe and making it as healthy and as low cal as possible. If you ever need any help with that, I’m your girl!
Hey, I’m Heather and I am your typical fun, loving and not SO MUCH high maintenance (though there are exceptions) kind of girl. I was born in the Lehigh Valley, graduate of Central Catholic High School and Alvernia University. For me, life everyday is exciting because I love my job, enjoy my hobbies and most importantly I am a MOM! I’m on the go constantly, if I’m not working, I’m riding at the barn with Hannah or have cheer practice with Haydn. I enjoy running for the mind, getting manicures/pedicures to stay beautiful, romantic dinners to feel sexy and SHOPPING for my therapy!! Whether you’re driving in your car, cleaning around the house or at a desk at work don’t forget to tune into us every Thursday at 8:20am. It’s totally worth spending a few minutes of your Thursday mornings around successful, intelligent women, who discuss style, relationships and the WHAT-NOT-TO-DO’S!!
Hey guys, my name is Hannah! I'm from Phillipsburg, NJ and I'm the baby of the Ladies Room. They keep me around to be the voice of the younger, single ladies! I work hard and play harder! On a typical weekend you can find me parading around town with my friends, trying to find some new hot spots!
I am the newlywed of the group! My husband Brent and I got married in October of 2011 and it has been wonderful! He has a 7 year old daughter, who I love dearly. She has forced my maternal instinct to be kicked into full force and I wouldn’t change a second of it! Though, I do not have any children of my own, I am looking forward to our future family! A few things that I enjoy are camping, fishing, music and spending time with those that I love. Music is therapeutic and means a great deal to me. Mix that with a campfire, good friends and no contact to the outside world? Simply can’t get much better than that! I enjoy traveling and I have a bucket list of places I will see before I leave this world! Hope you enjoy what you hear and thanks in advance for listenin!
I don't need to tell you this, but....
Everyone seems to be in dire need of a good night's sleep.Or, at the very least, everyone I've spoken to. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say how exhausted they are and how desperate for a solid night of shut-eye.
It's no surprise that we all crave sleep so much. It's the one chance each day we have to completely relax and awake at least semi-rejuvenated.
But did you know how much our bodies and minds actually depend on a good night's sleep? Did you know that a full night's sleep is important to all aspects of your health? It's true.
Here are the most shocking health benefits of sleep.
1) You're more creative if you get a good night's rest, because while you sleep your brain reorganizes and restructure itself, which leads to a boost in creativity.
2) Students who get less sleep on a consistent basis (all-nighters are still acceptable, it seems), are prone to lower grades and other learning difficulties.
3) A good night's sleep will reduce inflammation, which is linked to a multitude of health problems, including heart disease (the #1 killer of women), strokes, diabetes, and arthritis.
4) Your memory improves. Scientists have found that when you're trying to learn something new, you mind can combine what you're attempting to learn while you're sleeping. While you sleep, your mind is actually PRACTICING the things you're learning!
5) Your attention span increases if you're getting proper amounts of sleep. Children become hyperactive while sleepy and adults get tired and woozy. So get to bed!
6) A good night's sleep allows you to maintain a good weight. The part of the brain that controls sleep also controls an increase in metabolism. That means when you're sleepy, your brain will tell you to eat more, which in turn can pack on the pounds.
7) Your stress levels will dip. Stress shoots to the moon when you're not sleeping properly and decreases when you're getting proper rest. Controlling stress can help moderate blood pressure and improve heart health.
8) Sleepiness can lead to car accidents (fatal ones!), because being tired can interfere with reaction times and decision-making on the road.
Courtesy of thestir.com