Hey there…it’s your captain speaking. I enjoy my role leading the topics in the Ladies Room. I LOVE the input from our in-studio guests and YOU even more. I’ve been married for almost 9 years. My husband, Nick, and I have been together for 17 years. Wow, I didn’t even realize it had been that long! We have a 5 year-old son. I have a hectic, yet very rewarding schedule trying to manage my work duties along with spending quality time with family and friends. No where did you see me mention anything about cleaning….I hate it; but, in the end, you have to do the laundry and the dishes. I get a lot of support from my hubby and our family – for that I am grateful! I love to cook and I do have a couple signature dishes. I love to travel…you name it, I’ll go! I wouldn’t consider my daily commute to/from Jersey travelling; but, I do spend a lot of time in my car! Above all else , watching the world through my little guy’s eyes is the most valuable treasure in the world.
I have lived in the Valley all my life. I think this is the reason I LOVE to travel! I am working my way around the world one country at a time! I recently spent some time as a Kiwi in New Zealand…absolute best experience of my life thus far! I get bored way to quick so I fill my time with Zumba (OBSESSED!), skiing, golf, wakeboarding, going to as many concerts as humanly possible! I like getting out to events around the Lehigh Valley like Wine Festivals, happy hours, dinner parties…any place that my friends and I can kick back with a couple of adult beverages and relax! I LOVE to cook and I think I am pretty good at it! I enjoy taking a recipe and making it as healthy and as low cal as possible. If you ever need any help with that, I’m your girl!
Hey, I’m Heather and I am your typical fun, loving and not SO MUCH high maintenance (though there are exceptions) kind of girl. I was born in the Lehigh Valley, graduate of Central Catholic High School and Alvernia University. For me, life everyday is exciting because I love my job, enjoy my hobbies and most importantly I am a MOM! I’m on the go constantly, if I’m not working, I’m riding at the barn with Hannah or have cheer practice with Haydn. I enjoy running for the mind, getting manicures/pedicures to stay beautiful, romantic dinners to feel sexy and SHOPPING for my therapy!! Whether you’re driving in your car, cleaning around the house or at a desk at work don’t forget to tune into us every Thursday at 8:20am. It’s totally worth spending a few minutes of your Thursday mornings around successful, intelligent women, who discuss style, relationships and the WHAT-NOT-TO-DO’S!!
I am the newlywed of the group! My husband Brent and I got married in October of 2011 and it has been wonderful! He has a 7 year old daughter, who I love dearly. She has forced my maternal instinct to be kicked into full force and I wouldn’t change a second of it! Though, I do not have any children of my own, I am looking forward to our future family! A few things that I enjoy are camping, fishing, music and spending time with those that I love. Music is therapeutic and means a great deal to me. Mix that with a campfire, good friends and no contact to the outside world? Simply can’t get much better than that! I enjoy traveling and I have a bucket list of places I will see before I leave this world! Hope you enjoy what you hear and thanks in advance for listenin!
Even though it doesn’t feel like spring is in the air, fashion and beauty carries on! This and next week we will have a look at some spring hair tips.
Dana Ionato, a colorist at Sally Hershberger Downtown, specializes in blondes and provides some blonde trends and tips for spring.
1. Newest Spring Trend: Icy Blondes, Cool Blondes, with blue and purple undertones, staying away from gold. This process is more high maintenance, so ask your colorist the best way to achieve the look. The best way to get cool blonde is to double process your natural color, and follow up with a few highlights after to soften any warmth that may come with the first time going lighter. After that, the maintenance should be simply a bleach on scalp on your re-growth, The first appointment could take up to 4 hours if done right. Then after the re-touch will only take half of the time. The problem is getting out warmth: there is no good way to speed this up, you must be patient. Bring a good book or your ipad, maybe your tax receipts? It’s a good time to delete old emails, or update your contacts list.
Beauty icons: Alfred Hitchcock blondes such as Kim Novak in Vertigo. In the realm of icy blondes, Kim Novak is positively glacial. Also seen on Sienna Miller, January Jones, and Debra-Lee Jackman. Kate Bosworth is a cool blonde, her ultra-light blonde hue is beachy to the extreme.
2. Hair Products: We’ll to go along with shine and nourishment. Sally Hershberger Hyper Hydration Super Keratin Spray. I spray this on dry and wet hair. It’s a detangler and a shine giving agent without weighing down your hair. Amazing for your Turks and Caicos getaway. Also a great transition to summer. I love this product. Major shine!
Sally Hershberger Hyper Hydration Super Argan Serum penetrates hair for instant hydration and frizz control without weight or residue! Key benefits: a smoothing serum complex of active argan oil infused with Superfruit Indian Gooseberry revitalizes and brightens dry, distressed hair. Natural sunscreen locks out humidity and the damaging effects of heat and UV. The result is vibrant, supremely smooth, frizz-free style.
Directions for the Hyper Hydration Super Argan Serum (You can use it as an oil treatment, to smooth a blow dry or define your style.):
Pump into palm. Use sparingly, a little goes a long way.
* Oil Treatment: Apply to damp hair to soften, revitalize, and rejuvenate.
* Smooth Blow Dry: Apply to damp hair for supreme smoothing and frizz control.
* Define Style: Apply to dry hair to smooth frizz and define style.
I love this product. It has a natural sunscreen, that will help keep your hair color fresh, sunscreen for the hair, and then will bake in to your locks as the temperature goes up.
Also Clairol Shimmer Lites Shampoo. This product is a no BS, no fragrance shampoo you will like. Its purple which neutralizes warm tones, to keep brunettes from having oranges hair, blondes stay cool, and it won’t stain your hands.
3. Trick for unruly hair: stay within two shades of your natural. The farther you go away form natural, when your hair is super frizzy, the light will reflect off the lighter pieces which in turn actually make your hair look super dry. Get a keratin treatment, I promise the pollutants you get from alcohol alone or more harmful than any chemical in one keratin treatment. It will save your life. Cuts blow dry time in half, never gets frizzy, I live by them.
Here are some newer and current faves of mine in hair products.
Aveda’s new Invati™ is an innovative system created to provide a solution for thinning hair and hair loss due to breakage. The line features 97% naturally-derived products. It includes the Exfoliating Shampoo, a gentle shampoo that cleanses, exfoliates and renews the scalp with wintergreen-derived salicylic acid. The Thickening Conditioner strengthens with arginine, an amino acid derived from sugar beets and soy protein, and organic kukui nut oil to add natural shine. The Scalp Revitalizer utilizes turmeric and ginseng to help energize and rehabilitate the scalp around the follicles when massaged in. (Available at aveda.com.)
Head & Shoulders’ new damage rescue collection works to relieve dry scalp and dandruff. It’s formulated with a blend of rich conditioners to help restore and maintain a healthy moisture barrier and improve hair and scalp health. (Available at drugstores.)
LUSH has an excellent line of hair products. One of their new ones is Blousey Shampoo. It’s a gentle, non-stripping shampoo for damaged, over-processed, colored, bleached and fragile hair. Another newbie, Happy Happy Joy Joy, is a new vegan conditioner also great for over-processed hair. It’s moisturizing yet light with the scent of rosewood and grapefruit oils. The Roots Hair Treatment is targeted for fine, thin hair. Peppermint and spearmint revitalize the scalp and extra virgin olive oil and honey soften and condition hair without weighing it down. As always, they’re anti-animal testing and cruelty free! (Available at lushusa.com.)
The new Colorsmash Hair Shadow is a temporary hair color in an easy-to-apply powder form. Just rub the color onto hair and seal with spray. Washes right out! Comes in colors such as Party Pink, Tango Mango and So Jaded. (Available at sephora.com.)
Monoi Oil, new from Carol’s Daughter, is a lightweight serum that counteracts and prevents damage caused by chemical straightening, color-treating, heat-styling and sun exposure. Tiare Gardenia Flower and Coprah Coconut Oil help restore softness and reduce frizz. It’s free of silicones, alcohol and mineral oil. (Available at sephora.com.)